Excellent video on how to make the switch from smoking to vaping
Smokers should watch this informative 12-minute video about how to make the switch to vaping. It provides practical information and advice for new users.
The film is made by the UK National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training and features
- Professor Hayden McRobbie, a leading expert in tobacco treatment and vaping and
- Sam, a tree surgeon from Dorset in the UK, a former smoker who now vapes.
Some of the key messages are
- You will probably have to try a number of products until you find the ones that are right for you.
- It may take a while to get used to vaping. You may need to experiment with different devices, nicotine strength, flavours. It may feel harsher at first, but becomes smoother as you learn to inhale properly
- Nicotine doesn't cause cancer. It is the relatively safe component of tobacco smoke
- Vaping is a lot cheaper than smoking
- Battery explosions are rare and typically occur in devices modified at home or unregulated devices. Always buy from a regulated dealer and use the appropriate charger
- The atomiser (heating coil) needs to be changed every week or two
- You can reduce cloud volume when needed by taking smaller puffs or holding the vapour in your lungs for longer.
Another new video on vaping safety has also just been released: Top tips on safer vaping
The whole series of videos on vaping from NCSCT are available here.blog comments powered by Disqus